**ATTENTION 6th – 8th Grade Volleyball Players**
Information for the 2019 – 2020
JR. TROJANS VOLLEYBALL CLUB
Parent/Player Meeting: December 3, 2019
There will be a parent and player meeting on Dec. 3, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the BCHS cafeteria.
$200 deposit will be due at this parent meeting.
Open Gyms were held in early November, with tryouts completed on Nov. 21.
Questions? Please contact Club Director Ellen Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Online Jr. Trojan Team Payments**
**If you missed paying the initial $200 at the parent meeting, payment for that is available in the forms above until Dec. 6. After that, contact Coach Schroeder.
2019-20 Jr. Trojan Season Information
Jr. Trojans is a Volleyball Club for 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls primarily for our North Deanery student athletes, but is open to anyone who wants the opportunity to play with some of their potential future teammates, as well as be coached by our current high school staff. Our 8th grade team(s) will be primarily designated for athletes who believe they will be attending BCHS.
The philosophy of the Jr. Trojan Volleyball Club is to provide an opportunity for student athletes to participate in a volleyball club program without the high cost or demands of other alternative clubs, and one that will enable young athletes to compete in their school-sanctioned sports. The Jr. Trojan program philosophy is that family and school commitments, including in-season school sports (like CYO Volleyball), should take priority, and come before club.
Our goal is to provide a fun, supportive environment to develop volleyball skills through instruction and competition where fundamentals will be emphasized. In addition, we aspire to grow player’s knowledge of the game, understanding of game strategies, and the skills involved in building a team that works together.
The Jr. Trojan Volleyball Club is for girls currently in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
- The exact number of teams is not yet determined, as that will depend on the number of girls who are interested in playing. We anticipate there will be 1-2 teams for 6th grade(12U), and 2-3 teams for the 7th grade(13U) and 8th grade(14U).
- There will be 9-12 players/team.
- Team placement after tryouts, will be dependent upon a players grade/age, skill set and ability.
- Athletes will be allowed to play up an age group if their demonstrated skill set is better suited for an older team (with parent consent).
- All players will play, but it is not necessarily equal playing time. This is due to positional needs (i.e. front row and back row players only) and team needs, at the discretion of the coaching staff.
- Playing time could be impacted by unexcused absences from practices, poor sportsmanship toward others, or not being a good team player.
Player try-outs/evaluations and team selections will take place in November, practices will begin in December and tournaments start in January. We anticipate all teams to be done by the end of April or beginning of May.
6th Grade teams
- Practices – teams will routinely practice 2 times a week starting in January. During December, teams will practice 1 time a week with the exception of the holiday weeks, which is TBD depending upon the # of available players.
- Tournaments – teams will play in 5-6 tournaments, which will be 1-day tournaments played on Saturdays or Sundays in the Indianapolis area.
7th and 8th Grade teams
- Practices – teams will routinely practice 2 times a week starting in January. During December, they will practice 1 time a week with the exception of the holiday weeks, which is TBD depending upon the # of available players. Once CYO is over (which is usually in mid-March), teams may add a 3rd practice on weeks they do not have a tournament, IF there is available gym time.
- Tournaments – teams will play in 7-8 tournaments, which will be 1-day tournaments played on Saturdays or Sundays. There is a potential for one 2-day tournament in the Indianapolis area.
Note: Practice days/time may vary during the week due to BCHS Gym Availability.
The coaching staff will consist of the Bishop Chatard Volleyball Coaching staff as well as coaches who have coached at the high school level, and/or recently played at the collegiate level. All teams will have both a head coach and an assistant coach, and all coaches within the program will be aligned with teaching skill technique, offensive and defensive strategies, and will impart consistent program philosophies.
- Players should attend all practices. Playing time could be affected by practice participation.
- If a CYO game conflict is unavoidable with a tournament, the player is expected to attend CYO match (1st priority), and then make an effort to be at Jr. Trojan matches before and/or after CYO match. For instance, if tournament starts at 9am at the Incrediplex, and they have a CYO match at 11am at St Matthew, the player should go to Incrediplex for 9am match, leave to play in CYO match, and then return to the Incrediplex for the remainder of the tournament.
- Players give 100% at all times and have a positive attitude.
- Players are open minded, and willing to learn and try new things.
- Players have FUN!
The final cost will be determined by the # of players/team and # of tournaments the team participates in.
2019/2020 Season Costs
- 14 Royal and 14 White Teams: $1000
- 13 Black team: $900
- 12 Blue team: $800
- View payment information at the top of this page
The cost includes:
- Player packs (uniform jerseys, spandex, practice shirts, warm ups, socks, etc – exact items not yet determined)
- Tournament entry fees
- Coaching expenses
- Administrative fees and team registrations
Club Director: Ellen Schroeder
If you have any questions, please contact BCHS Athletics Director, Mike Ford at email@example.com or Ellen Schroeder, lead director, at firstname.lastname@example.org