**ATTENTION 5th – 8th Grade Volleyball Players**
Information for the 2018 – 2019
JR. TROJANS VOLLEYBALL CLUB
2018-2019 Jr. Trojan Open Gym Dates and Times
Open Gym for 5th/6th grades – Cost is $50 for all sessions
- 11/5 Monday 7:00pm – 8:15pm
- 11/7 Wednesday 7:30pm – 8:45pm
- 11/10 Saturday 11:00am – 12:15pm
Open Gym for 7th/8th grades – Cost is $50 for all sessions
- 11/5 Monday 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- 11/7 Wednesday 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- 11/10 Saturday 12:30pm – 2:00pm
***Note: If your daughter plays on a Jr. Trojan team this 2018-19 season, the Open Gym cost will be credited to the 2018-19 Season Club Fees.
REGISTRATION will open November 1, 2018 after 5:00pm
2018-20189 Jr. Trojan Evaluation/Try-out Dates and Registration
Below are the dates for the 2018-2019 Jr. Trojan Evaluations/Try-outs. You will need to register your daughter for this, and there will be a $50 Registration fee, which will be credited to the 2018-2019 season fees if your daughter plays on a Jr. Trojan team.
5th and 6th Grade Tryout Dates/Times
- 11/14 Wednesday 7:00pm – 8:15pm
- 11/17 Saturday 10:30am – 12:00pm
7th and 8th Grade Tryout Dates/Times
- 11/13 Tuesday 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- 11/14 Wednesday 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- 11/15 Thursday 7:30pm – 9:00pm ( if needed)
PLAYERS SHOULD ATTEND ALL TRYOUT/EVALUATION DATES FOR THEIR AGE GROUP.
PLAYERS MUST BE REGISTERED BY THE FIRST TRYOUT/EVALUATION DATE.
Registration will open up on November 1, 2018 after 5:00pm.
2018-19 Jr. Trojan Season Information
Jr. Trojans is a Volleyball Club for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls primarily for our North Deanery student athletes, but is open to anyone who wants the opportunity to play with some of their potential future teammates, as well as be coached by our current high school staff. Our 8th grade team(s) will be primarily designated for athletes who believe they will be attending BCHS.
The philosophy of the Jr. Trojan Volleyball Club is to provide an opportunity for student athletes to participate in a volleyball club program without the high cost or demands of other alternative clubs, and one that will enable young athletes to compete in their school-sanctioned sports. The Jr. Trojan program philosophy is that family and school commitments, including in-season school sports (like CYO Volleyball), should take priority, and come before club.
Our goal is to provide a fun, supportive environment to develop volleyball skills through instruction and competition where fundamentals will be emphasized. In addition, we aspire to grow player’s knowledge of the game, understanding of game strategies, and the skills involved in building a team that works together.
The Jr. Trojan Volleyball Club is for girls currently in the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
- The exact number of teams is not yet determined, as that will depend on the number of girls who are interested in playing. We anticipate there will be 1-2 teams for the 5th grade (11U) and 6th grade(12U), and 2-3 teams for the 7th grade(13U) and 8th grade(14U).
- There will be 9-12 players/team.
- Team placement after tryouts, will be dependent upon a players grade/age, skill set and ability.
- Athletes will be allowed to play up an age group if their demonstrated skill set is better suited for an older team (with parent consent).
- All players will play, but it is not necessarily equal playing time. This is due to positional needs (i.e. front row and back row players only) and team needs, at the discretion of the coaching staff.
- Playing time could be impacted by unexcused absences from practices, poor sportsmanship toward others, or not being a good team player.
Player try-outs/evaluations and team selections will take place in November, practices will begin in December and tournaments start in January. We anticipate all teams to be done by the end of April or beginning of May.
5th and 6th Grade teams
- Practices – teams will routinely practice 2 times a week starting in January. During December, teams will practice 1 time a week with the exception of the holiday weeks, which is TBD depending upon the # of available players.
- Tournaments – teams will play in 5-6 tournaments, which will be 1-day tournaments played on Saturdays or Sundays in the Indianapolis area.
7th and 8th Grade teams
- Practices – teams will routinely practice 2 times a week starting in January. During December, they will practice 1 time a week with the exception of the holiday weeks, which is TBD depending upon the # of available players. Once CYO is over (which is usually in mid-March), teams may add a 3rd practice on weeks they do not have a tournament, IF there is available gym time.
- Tournaments – teams will play in 7-8 tournaments, which will be 1-day tournaments played on Saturdays or Sundays. There is a potential for one 2-day tournament in the Indianapolis area.
Note: Practice days/time may vary during the week due to BCHS Gym Availability.
The coaching staff will consist of the Bishop Chatard Volleyball Coaching staff as well as coaches who have coached at the high school level, and/or recently played at the collegiate level. All teams will have both a head coach and an assistant coach, and all coaches within the program will be aligned with teaching skill technique, offensive and defensive strategies, and will impart consistent program philosophies.
- Players should attend all practices. Playing time could be affected by practice participation.
- If a CYO game conflict is unavoidable with a tournament, the player is expected to attend CYO match (1st priority), and then make an effort to be at Jr. Trojan matches before and/or after CYO match. For instance, if tournament starts at 9am at the Incrediplex, and they have a CYO match at 11am at St Matthew, the player should go to Incrediplex for 9am match, leave to play in CYO match, and then return to the Incrediplex for the remainder of the tournament.
- Players give 100% at all times and have a positive attitude.
- Players are open minded, and willing to learn and try new things.
- Players have FUN!
The cost for the 2018-2019 season will be between $650 and $850 for the 5th and 6th grade teams (last year 5th was $650 and 6th it was $800), and between $1100 and $1250 for the 7th and 8th grade teams (last year it was $1125). The final cost will be determined by the # of players/team and # of tournaments the team participates in.
The cost includes:
- Player packs (uniform jerseys, spandex, practice shirts, warm ups, socks, etc – exact items not yet determined)
- Tournament entry fees
- Coaching expenses
- Administrative fees and team registrations
**We do not anticipate any additional costs.
The season fees can be paid in lump sum or on a payment schedule as follows:
|$250 due at parent meeting||Remainder of balance in 4 equal payments across these 4 months|
Club Director: Whitney Birch
If you have any questions, you can reach out to the Club Director at email@example.com